ACCESSING THE WEBSITE
Access to the Website may take place without logging in, and is permitted on a temporary basis. The Agency reserves the right to suspend, withdraw, discontinue, or modify any part of the Website without prior notice (see below). Continued use of the Website following the posting of changes will mean that the changes have been accepted and agreed to.
We shall use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the site is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, we shall not be liable should the Website be unavailable at any time, or for any period.
The Website may only be used for lawful purposes and may not be used:
- In any way that breaches any applicable law or regulation;
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- In any way which may infringe our rights or the rights of third parties;
- To post, transmit or disseminate any information on or via the Website which is obscene, defamatory or in any way harmful;
- To obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access to the Website;
- To alter, deface or interfere with the Website in any way;
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- To attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the services, or any other systems or networks connected to the services or to any Government of Malta server, or to any of the services offered on or through the Website, by hacking, password “mining” or any other illegitimate means;
- To probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Website, including the services or any network connected to the Website, nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Website, including the services or any network connected to the Website;
- To reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace the source of any information on any other user of or visitor to the Website, or any other customer of the Government of Malta, including any service account not owned by you or exploit the Website or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Website, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than your own information, as provided for by the Website or any service provided through the Website;
- To forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal you send to the Government of Malta on or through the Website or any service offered on or through the Website. You may not pretend to be or represent someone else, or impersonate any other person or entity unless authorised.
We reserve the right to disclose any personal information to any competent law enforcement authorities in the event of a breach of the preceding paragraph and/or when we determine that the applicable law requires or permits such disclosure.
By using the Website, you also agree:
- that you will not make any reproduction, duplicate, copy or re-sale any part of the Website in contravention of the provisions of these terms and conditions;
- that you will not access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the Website;
- any equipment or network on which the Website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the Website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party;
- that you will not use any “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider” or another automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process will be made, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the services or any content provided through the Website, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the services or any content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Website. We reserve the right to bar any such activity;
- that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Website or Government of Malta systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to the Website will be taken;
- that you will not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website, including the services, or any transaction being conducted on the Website with any other person or entity using the Website, including the services, will be made;
- that the Agency may, in its sole discretion and without prior notice, terminate your access to the Website, for cause, which includes but not limited to:
- Requests by law enforcement or other governmental entities;
- A request by you;
- Discontinuance or material modification of the Website or any service offered on or through the Website;
- Unexpected technical issues or problems.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Agency may provide links to third party websites and resources, which links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents or resources provided therein and we assume no responsibility for any loss or damages that you may suffer from their use.
LINKS TO THIS WEBSITE
You may link to the Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The Website must not be framed on any other site.
The content found on the Website is the exclusive property of the Agency and is protected by copyright. Unless otherwise stated, reproduction is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged.
Where prior permission must be obtained for the reproduction or use of textual and multimedia information (sound, images, software, etc.), such permission shall cancel the above-mentioned general permission and indicate clearly any restrictions on use.
Display, download of extracts and printing off of copies for your personal reference and use may be made, and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to any material posted on the Website.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
In the event of printing of, copying or downloading any part of the Website in breach of these terms and conditions of use, the right to use the Website shall cease immediately and if requested, you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
RELIANCE OF INFORMATION POSTED
Commentary, information and other material on the Website are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore, disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
CHANGES TO THE WEBSITE
We aim to update the Website regularly and may change the contents therein at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to the Website, or close it indefinitely. Should any of the material contained in the Website become outdated, we shall be under no obligation to update such material.
The Agency has used utmost care to ensure and maintain the highest level of security possible. We, however, take no responsibility, for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material, resulting from the use of the Website or the downloading of material posted on it, or on any other website linked to it.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The material displayed on the Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, together with any identified contributors (including entities within Government of Malta) and third parties connected to us, we hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by law;
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for: loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not impact our liability for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
The content of the Website is provided without any warranties or assurances. We declare and you acknowledge that all implied warranties and conditions are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law. You should note in particular that the services provided through the Website:
- are not intended to constitute a definitive or complete statement of the law on any subject;
- are not intended to constitute legal or professional advice in any specific situation;
- do not commit the Agency to any obligation whatsoever;
- include archived information and resources, which may be incorrect or out of date;
- and our means of delivering it may be incompatible with your software or computer configuration;
- may be changed or withdrawn partially or fully through the Website at our discretion.
This statement applies to the official website of Community Malta Agency (the Agency) at www.komunita.gov.mt (the Website) and was last updated on February 2021.
The Website is designed to work with the latter browser versions of:
- Google Chrome;
- Microsoft Edge; and
The Agency is committed to ensuring that its online services are digitally accessible to all. We have a national and global user base and are dedicated to continuously improving the user experience for everyone, with a focus on the anti-discrimination requirements of the Equal Opportunities (Persons with Disability) Act (Cap 413).
Our online resources and products are evaluated both manually and programmatically for conformance to WCAG 2.1 Level AA guidelines. As part of its efforts, the Agency adheres to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Level AA which maps to EN 301 549 as per the European Web Accessibility Directive. The WCAG defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities, and it defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. The Website is compliant, meaning that the content does conform to the indicated accessibility standard.
The Agency website in particular is designed to work well and be accessible when being accessed with suitably updated hardware and software products. Further recognizing that adherence to standards and guidelines cannot on its own ensure that a product is accessible, the Agency also carries out usability evaluations. We also strive to implement accessibility for information channels that are provided via third party platforms wherever possible.
The Agency website does not make use of font, magnification, and colour modification widgets. This is because we believe that this functionality is already integrated into most web browsers or is available via different add-ons and plugins which different users are free to customise to their needs. As a result, these arbitrary user customisations are available for most websites, not only that of the Agency. In order to allow for this level of customisation, we seek to maximise compatibility with these user modifications.
As part of and in addition to the above-mentioned guidelines, the Agency website implements the following accessibility features:
- Maintain a consistent HTML Heading hierarchy and information layout across different web pages.
- The information content is organised into HTML lists wherever applicable.
- Deployed a link focus highlighting script in order to provide visual cues for exclusive keyboard users.
- Add image title, alt tag and caption wherever this information is relevant and useful.
- Maximise colour contrast for text where applicable.
- The actual link text is descriptive enough to inform the user where the link points to.
- Implement all external links so that they open into new browser tabs.
The Agency is not aware of specific inaccessible content or accessibility issues on its website. If you identify such content, kindly let us know via the contact details provided below.
Should such an instance arise the Agency’s goal is to create an Accessibility Remediation Roadmap (ARR). The ARR describes the steps needed to help identify an accessibility issue and bring the product into compliance with the EOA, including the anticipated schedule for completion of this goal. If you identify such content, kindly let us know via the contact details provided below.
Feedback and Contact Details
Inevitably, we won’t always get it right, the more services and resources we place online, the more likely it may be to miss some problems, but we remain committed to addressing any access issues promptly. And that is where we would like your help. If you experience any difficulties in accessing our website or have trouble using any aspect of the website, we would like you to let us know.
You may contact the Agency at:
The Malta Communications Authority (MCA) is the entity responsible for implementing Directive (EU) 2016/2102 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26th October 2016 on the accessibility of the websites and mobile applications of public sector bodies. Should you be dissatisfied with our response to your ICT accessibility-related query, you may fill and submit this Public Sector Website Accessibility Complaint Form, or this Consumer Complaint Form in case of a formal complaint.
You may also contact the MCA or the Commission for the Rights of Persons with Disability (CRPD) as follows:
Malta Communications Authority (MCA)
Valletta Waterfront, Pinto Wharf, Floriana, Malta. FRN 1913
Telephone: +356 2133 6840
Commission for the Rights of Persons with Disability (CRPD)
G5 Offices, Salvu Psaila Street, Birkirkara, Malta.
Telephone: +356 2226 7600
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
The Courts of Malta shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all claims or disputes arising from, or in relation to with the Website and the Terms.
The data controller is the Agency whose office is situated at the Mediterranean Conference Centre, Old Hospital Street, Valletta, Malta. VLT 1645
Thank you for visiting.