Certificate of Citizenship
Can a certificate of Maltese Citizenship be issued to a citizen of Malta?
A certificate of Maltese Citizenship is issued on request of a foreign Government in order to prove one’s national status. A request from the country’s authority should be produced before the certificate can be issued. Should a certificate of Maltese Citizenship be required for other purposes, the applicant would need to prove justification.
How to Apply & Applicable Fees
- Application for a certificate of citizenship can be made upon request through e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org, providing the applicant’s:
- Birth certificate;
- Father’s birth certificate;
- Parents’ marriage certificate;
- Identity card; and
- Marriage certificate (if applicable)
- The certificate is issued against a fee of €15.
- In certain cases, additional documents may be requested;
- Applicants would need to present birth and marriage certificates issued by foreign authorities and local ecclesiastical authorities when these records are not available at the Public Registry.